Use of the plaza is for the enjoyment and use of dues-paying members and their guests, with minimal impact on the surrounding properties.
- Current year dues must be paid (due by June 1) before any Plaza reservation can be made. Payment of dues will be verified prior to a reservation being issued and approved.
- Reservations are required for group events when more than 30 people will be attending. These events will require WCCBOD approval.
- No reservation may be made until the WCCBOD has established the dates for Woodmont Club sponsored events. Once these dates have been established, reservations will be accepted.
- Each member household is allowed one weekend reservation and one weekday reservation per summer. Additional reservations beyond this must be approved by the WCCBOD. No reservations will be accepted for Friday evenings after 5:00 PM. Friday evenings will be kept open and available for spontaneous use by the membership. If a Friday daytime reservation is in place, the plaza must be cleaned up and vacated by 5:00 PM.
- Each reserved event will be for a 4-hour block of time. If more time is needed beyond this 4-hour window, WCCBOD approval is required.
- The club member making the reservation must be present at all times when guests are present and during any group gathering.
- Group events must begin to wind down by 10 PM. All clean-up procedures must conclude by 11 PM.
- Plaza area must be cleaned up and all trash removed (not burned) from the plaza after the event.
- Club umbrellas are available to use. These umbrellas are located behind the shed. The umbrellas should be returned dry and in good condition for the next person’s use.
- If the fire pit is used, burn only clean wood—not beach wood or old building lumber that may be treated with chemicals.
* Fires must be extinguished before leaving the plaza.
* Do not burn or throw into fire pit any toxic items, such as Styrofoam, plastics, or garbage.
* In addition, those using the fire pit are asked to consider the effects such use will have on the surrounding neighbors and to consider the prevailing winds on any given day.
* Only charcoal may be burned in the mounted barbecue grills in the plaza area. Members are responsible to ensure that coals are extinguished before leaving the area. In addition, member shall remove the ashes and clean the grills after each use.
- Loud or amplified music is not permitted at non-Club events unless permission is granted by the WCCBOD prior to the event.
- Limited parking is available at the plaza. Do not block driveways, beach access, boat ramp or North Beach Road.
- You are responsible for your guests’ behavior. Please instruct your guests to respect private property, such as the kayaks and boats and private yards. Nothing except trash should be removed from the beach. Rocks, driftwood, shells and marine life should remain on the beach.
- Woodmont Club members are allowed to use the beach and surrounding areas at any time regardless of whether an event is scheduled. Two tables shall be allocated for club member use during reserved events if requested.
- Fireworks are prohibited on Woodmont Club Property and in the City of Des Moines.
- Dogs must be leashed and dog waste picked up and disposed of properly. Dog waste is prohibited to be disposed of in the Sani-kans.