History of Woodmont Country Club
Woodmont Country Club was officially incorporated on August 10, 1915. The purpose as stated in the incorporation papers was to "promote friendly relations, develop open air sports and aquatic exercises, formulate, adopt, and enforce sanitary regulations for conserving the health, comfort and general welfare of it's members."
Incorporation of the Club
Olson vs. Woodmont Country Club
The second case regarding the North Beach trail was heard in 1978. This case involved Bernie Olson who owned the lot ad home just north of Block A but outside the boundaries of the Woodmont Country Club. Olson sued the Club for a permanent easement for ingress and egress on the North Beach Trail. The court awarded Olson a right of way for vehicular travel and over the existing North Beach trail. In return, Olson was to comply with the agreement of 1972 between North Beach residents and Woodmont Country Club.
Development of the Plaza
North Beach Easement
History of this...used to close the gate 1 day every year.
Club Boundary Expansion
Expansion of our WCC boundaries/membership to those neighbors that access their homes by traveling through WCC boundaries. The expansion would include homes on 7th Avenue S, 8th Avenue S, and 10th Avenue S., south of S. 272nd Street; the homes on the north side of S. 264th Street between 8th Avenue S and Marine View Drive; and the 2 homes at North Beach (7th Ave S.) not currently within club boundaries. All together there are 40 properties.
100th Anniversary of Woodmont Country Club
We had a big bash to celebrate...